- Location: Parker Dam, California, United States
- Position: Captain
- Job Type: Charter, Government
- Beech Baron
- Cessna Caravan
Flight Time Requirements Snapshot
- Total Flight Time: 2500
- Pilot In Command: 2500
- Turbine PIC: N/A
- Multi Engine: 500
- Actual Instrument: N/A
JOB DUTIESEssential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Operate aircraft in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations to provide safe and efficient transportation for individuals conducting business.
• Coordinate maintenance and inspections to maximize availability, reliability, and safety of aircraft and to ensure compliance with FAA regulations. Evaluate the condition of aircraft and equipment. Recommend replacements or upgrades as required to maintain efficient and safe aircraft operation.
• Schedule passenger and cargo flights to maximize efficient use of aircraft.
• Assist in the planning, development, and monitoring of aircraft operations and maintenance budget to ensure the efficient use of resources and adherence to established guidelines.
• Participate in (and successfully complete) annual training to ensure compliance with FAA regulations.
• Maintain a high level of competence and safety as a pilot (while maintaining FAA currency).
• Provide support services to other functions by conducting routine and emergency surveillance of the distribution system, taking aerial photographs, and transporting water samples from the desert facilities to water quality laboratories for timely testing of samples.
• Conduct public relations inspection trips with government officials, media, or external agency representatives to represent interests in a positive manner.
• Perform other related duties as required. ... Continue Reading
Learn More About This Job
A combination of education and experience as a commercial pilot of single and multi-engine aircraft totaling 6 years,
2,500 hours as pilot in command, of which 500 hours must be in multi-engine aircraft,
250 hours as pilot in command within the last 12 months.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES and REGISTRATIONS REQUIREMENTS
The following are required at time of application:
• Commercial Pilot’s License for single engine (land)
• Airline Transport License (multi-engine)
• A valid driver’s license from state of residency equivalent to a California Class C or higher. A driver’s license is necessary as this position requires driving
during the course of employment.
• FAA Class II Airman’s Medical Certificate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of (B/basic; J/journey; E/expert):
• Aircraft operations (E)
• Aircraft instrumentation (systems) (E)
• Short take-off and landing techniques (E)
• Weather forecasting and interpretation (E)
• FAA regulations (E)
• Aircraft maintenance (J)
... Continue Reading
This job has been viewed 87 times.
Looking for a different job?
Answer these 4 questions and click "Search Jobs"!