Flight Simulator Instructor
- Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
- Position: Simulator Instructor
- Job Type: Flight Instructor
Flight Time Requirements Snapshot
- Total Flight Time: 500
- Pilot In Command: N/A
- Turbine PIC: N/A
- Multi Engine: N/A
- Actual Instrument: N/A
Conduct simulator phase of pilot flight instruction in compliance with AA Regulations, policies, procedures and techniques.
Ensures compliance with FAA and other applicable government requirements relating to training.
Gives detailed briefings
on all phases of flight simulator training. Obtains required training manuals, course materials and supplies as necessary
to conduct assigned training syllabus. Completes required training records and reports.
Determines and reports on student progress and proficiency. Provides specialized instructions and counseling of weak students.
through channels to enhance safety and efficiency.
Assists in program development for all phases of flight instruction as
directed by the appropriate fleet manager. Assists in training of other instructors as assigned.
... Continue Reading
Learn More About This Job
A candidate for selection as a Flight Simulator Pilot Instructor must possess an ATPC and have a minimum of 500 hours
as a pilot in command or 2000 hours as second in command of a large multi-engine jet or turboprop aircraft; or 1000
hours as pilot in command of a high performance single or multi-engine jet fighter type aircraft. Each candidate must also
satisfy the following requirements:
- Must be evaluated and accepted by an instructor selection board made up of management pilots
- Prior to being considered a qualified instructor, the candidate must pass a Captain's simulator proficiency check, which
will be conducted by the Fleet Manager or a designated representative
- After completion of instructor training, the candidate must demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the Fleet Manager or a
designated representative, ability to instruct in the actual training program to which assigned
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification
display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
... Continue Reading
This job has been viewed 14 times.
Looking for a different job?
Answer these 4 questions and click "Search Jobs"!